12.2016 - present
Assistant Finance & Compliance Officer
Main duties and responsibilities
- Monitor 7 partners (Save Youth Future Society, El Amal, Life & Hope, Palestinian Organization for Development, Ajyal, Basma, Bayader) each with one grant or more through monthly visits, reviewing their expenses and supporting documents making sure documents are complete, accurate and in compliance with CRS & donor’s regulations, make recommendations and ensure they are implemented for transparency and audit purposes.
- Held Partner Assessments and Internal Control Improvement Plans through regular visits.
- Capacity Building for partners in financial and procurement matters as well as MS Office.
- Review partners’ advances as well as CRS payments ensuring they are supported with complete and healthy documents.
- Working with programme team on budgets for CRS & partners, budget reallocations and amendments.
- Using SunSystem for report extraction and data analysis.
- Identify gaps and risk opportunities in systems of CRS and partners, create solutions and practice them.
- Working with Jerusalem Finance staff to close Month End in addition to different tasks.
- Trained Partners and CRS staff on excel and how to use it as programme and finance for more accuracy and efficiency.
- Gave them a session about Fraud and how to avoid it.
- Created a procurement system for partners based on their procurement manual, where the process is automated for easier more accurate process using VBA Excel.
- Created Master data base for partners expenses and different CRS projects which is now the core to reviewing all related payments.
- Created Manuals & Checklists for some projects.